13 January 2015

Member Fave: Corn Bisque

Today's guest post comes from Amanda of Dancing Veggies - she is sharing a fabulous meal for the cold night's ahead!

Member Fave: Corn Bisque from Dancing Veggies #soup #vegetarian #maindish #recipe #SecretRecipeClub

Greetings! This was my third (!) year participating in the Secret Recipe Club so when I saw the call for bloggers to reflect on their favorite recipe of the year - I knew I had to get involved. 

I knew it was going to be tough to pick just one recipe from the 15 awesome ones I did this past year (11 with group A and 4 orphans) and boy was I right! I went back and forth and back and forth, trying to decide what factor to use to determine the top recipe. Should it be the one that was most popular on the blog? Or the one that I have made the most outside of the challenge? Or the one that the most people have told me they have made? 

In the end I asked my husband to select and with that the incredible Corn Bisque I made back in June when I was partnered with Cookaholic Wife. This was one of my favorite blogs of the year, mostly because Nicole and I have a lot in common - to include city of residence and age! 

I did have to alter the original recipe in order to make it vegetarian (and kosher!) but a favorite Baltimore spice ensured that the original flavor profile was still there.

2014 was a tasty year, and I'm greatly looking forward to all the treats that 2015 will bring!!!!

No comments: